UK Audi Forum banner

b10cker's S3

13K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  stevee 
#1 ·
Here's a few of my new toy, spec wise its and 08 model year S3 in sprint blue with black leather and white alcantara with sat nav, bose,phone prep armrest.

Theres a bmc pannel filter going on this week and my flat bottomed multi function wheel. Giac chip to come soon.

See less See more
#6 ·
[quote user="Tabs"]

Very nice, were you at the Mega Meet last week? Had a good gander round the car - cracking piece of kit

[/quote]

No mate it wasnt me, there must be another one about, but your right it is a cracking piece of kit.

or it will be with the giac map on and 310-320 bhp[:p]

#7 ·
[quote user="Diggler"]

very nice indeed matey, that interior looks great.

I'd be worried about getting marks on the seats!!

[/quote]

i am wary or the white alcantara interior but it is gorgeous, i look after my cars pretty well tho (ask tony danza who bought my mk5 gti on uk-mkivs) so im hoping i'll get away with it, also its been autoglym lifeshined which is supposed to cover it against stains for 10 years.

#8 ·
[quote user="b10cker"]

[quote user="Tabs"]

Very nice, were you at the Mega Meet last week? Had a good gander round the car - cracking piece of kit

[/quote]

No mate it wasnt me, there must be another one about, but your right it is a cracking piece of kit.

or it will be with the giac map on and 310-320 bhp

[/quote]

Ah right, must have been your twin [:D]

#12 ·
[quote user="Tabs"]

I'd put two and two together and gotten 42

[/quote]

So driving an S3 answers the question to the meaning of the universe, better get down to Audi sharpish, thats a cracking excuse for a new car... [;)]

Oh, and congrats on the new ride blocker, the ONLY colour choice for an S3 imo, very very nice mate! [Y]

#14 ·
[quote user="tony_danza"]

Absolutely stunning, although I'd expect nothing less given the "as new" state of your old one I bought.

How are you finding the differences blarting round your home turf in the S3 compared to the Golf?

[/quote] Them pics are before i polished it too, you should see it now,lol.

Im loving it on the bumpy roads round my area, id forgotten how much better the traction is with 4wd plus its been wet for the last week and a half so its been a double bonus. im still trying to get in the knack of driving slow in/fast out to use the haldex to its full potential, but when i do its awesme round the bends and you can feel the rear drive doing its work compared to the fwd golf.

compared to the golf it dosent feel that much quicker and there is a bit of lag untill boost comes in with a bang at 3k unlike the gti which feels as though its in all the time, however the s3 is alot stronger at the top end and blasts up to silly speed with ease. The handling is very good as standard but the steering can feel a bit light at times compared to the golf which was about perfect. The interior is a level up from the golf and is a truly nice place to be with the leather and alcantara, the bose stereo is a nice step up too, however the gti seats were a fair bit better than the s3's at holding you and let you sit lower.

i did a comparison on a disused road where i know the gti will hit 100mph by the bridge and the s3 did 110mph by the same bridge, this therefore is already the fastest car ive had up to the bridge and that includes my chipped 225 tt, my chipped mk4 r32. christ knows what it'll do with another 50 odd bhp.

I even managed to get 40mpg out of it the other day in traffic on a 30 mile run, so its not even worse on juice than the golf like i thought it would be.(ok its a little worse when you use its full potential, lol.)

Paul

#15 ·
That's not polished??

I'll look forward to seeing it done properly then, no doubt you'll have the paint depth guage out and wax that comes in its own wooden presentation case [Y]

I know what you mean about that 4WD, you can bury the pedal and they just slingshot you out of corners before you could even think about it in a FWD.

I'm going to have some camber dialled into the front end of mine in a few weeks, so hopefully that'll improve its power delivery and change the under-steer/torque-steer characteristics.. not that it has that much anyway, but loose is fast and rubbin's racin'!

#25 ·
Wow! Cant tell you how much I love the new S3, especially in that colour!! I was down at Audi Stoke myself the other day to have a look at a couple but they were all rly dull boring colours!

I've seen a couple of the new A3's in white lately actually and i think they are looking pretty sweet...

A3 S Line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.