UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to buy an A4 and err, I cant decide which one I like more..

TBH I think i'd rather have an Avant, but every now and then I see a Saloon one that really floats my boat in the looks department [drool]

So, Avant or Saloon. Discuss [blah]

Luke

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Jedi, these are my personal thoughts, i have never owned an A4, but i would have the avant, i think they look a lot better, by the way i would go for a red one[:)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
You will find that the saloon isn't much bigger than the golf. I'd ge a avant for the family. They look cool, mind you they can look rubish with a bad set of wheels

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've always liked the Saloons, so I got one. I think it's entirely down to personal choice. If you said you tend to like Avant, then go for it. I think the A4 Avant actually looks like an estate car built from the floor up, unlike the Peugeots etc. where it just looks like they glued bigger windows in the back.

Like Tom above, I have no kids, so don't really need the space, also (something to be aware of) the Saloon's didn't have folding seats, they were an option! (That annoys me!)

For me it would be saloon every time, for me.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Well Luke, I like the Avant's practicalities but I like the saloon's lines......

........fiiiiiiight

[<:eek:)]

I prefer the Avant. It's a difficult call between the two but I'd go for the avant.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that kinda seals it then really. I got shot of the Golf as I needed a car that offered more practicality, as I now need something to kart quite a few tools around [:mad:] So it looks like the saloon is outa here..

Dave, that A4 is stunning but im only in the running for a B6 as my budget is only 5.5k MAX. Id rather be paying about 5k so I have a lttle to do a couple of choice mods [:D]

The search continues...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
An Avant would be lovely lowered abit and some nice rims. Hope the hunt goes well for ya! Take a look a saloon too, have a look at how the tools would fit [Y]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha, just noticed t'was an RS4! I'd love one, funny thing is I got an insurance quote lower then what I payed on the Golf [:S] 1.8T compared to 2.7 Bi-Turbo... fair enough.

Couldnt afford any other aspect of the car though lol fuel, tax, tyres... fuel, fuel...

There is so little out there that I want that im thinking of going for a B5 instead ATM.

Luke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts