UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The dub is 100kgs heavier and 15ps down on power to the S3, if I understood correct?!

Ah Sabine, Ich wuerde gerne....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Luckily for me I speak German [:p]

I'm due a new Car in 12 months or so. And im seriously considering a S3.

My reasons for choosing over a R32 are

I will get more power out of it with a remap. (Ive run my MkIV 1.8t for over 5 years now, I had a jabba sport map done on it not long after buying it and appart from killing the orgional clutch I havent had any problems.)

So the R32 will be down 60PS on a Mapped audi and 100kgs heavier

+ im on my 5 vw now and I fancy a change, but the new MK VI Golf R might temp me back yet who knows :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote user="Tabs"]

What was the general outcome of the video then, did they decide upon the S3 in the end?

[/quote]

They did not say which one is better they liked them both, just that the S3 was quicker round their track. They review each for brakes handling, say both have got the balance of everyday usability and sportieness spot on. + New breaks on both modles are good, DSG is good

they go on about 10% of power going to the rear when needed and that both cars are mostly front wheel drive etc...

I kinda get the feeling they werent finished comparing the 2 when the clip ended, they had not tried both cars each of them just drove the one and no comparisions were made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts