UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Really desperate for an answer here.

Ok, so I own a MK4 golf and have got a set of S3 leather recaros.

Me and a friend wired them up this evening and the passenger seat works perfectly BUT the drivers seat doesn't tilt FORWARDS ? Only tilts backwards ?

Also the center bolster in the seat doesn't go In OR Out...

Now im sitting with the seat really far back and its hurting !

Any info on this would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if they were working in the previous car. I bought them from someone who had them in a mk4 golf but not wired up.

Previouse owner said the guy he bought them from said they were working fine before.

And about the male pins im not sure. My mate done the wiring and didnt use a plug. Ran wire connecters to the pins inside the plug on the seat?

I heard about micro switches breaking but cant see any that relate to the forwards and backwars tilt?

Anyone have a diagram of the wiring in the seats ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah there getting power as they go up and down but no tilt or no middle bolster movement.

Dont mind too much buying another drivers seat but its just finding someone thats selling one ????

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Can you extend the wiring from the passenger side to the drivers side , to test the drivers seat?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you hear the micro switches clicking when you push the buttons sometimes you can hear them click if they are working

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could extend passenger side wiring but its not the wiring thats causing thr issue.

As i say the seat is getting power as it does go up and down and tilts backwards...... just not forwards?

And the seat is silent when trying to move it forwards? No clicking from the microswitches?

Does anyone know where the micro switch is for the forwards and backwards tilt ?

That might help abit... Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts