UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi newbie here, please be kind to me.

My 57 plate 1.6 A3 is now due its first service, and i have been around a few of my local dealers and they have quoted me between £325 and £349 which i refuse to pay just for an oil change.I have found a local indipendent VW/Audi garage who will do it for £140,which i am happy with as they use genuine parts and my warrenty is still valid.

What i would like to know if anybody knows if my roadside asisstance will still be valid or if i will need to get my own cover. which would still be cheaper than getting it serviced at Audi.

P.S

Is it just me who thinks all the staff at Audi dealers are slime balls and look down at you when you walk into the show rooms.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi sam

Welcome to uk audis

I have no idea about the road side assistancem but if it does not effect your warranty, i dont see why it should affect the road side assistance, but i have been wrong before

slime balls, there is a few people on this forum that would agree with you, but i found the staff at lincoln audi ,very good, helpful, and pleasent

·
Registered
510 Posts
welcome to the site fella.

make sure you get the recepit and invoice for the genuine parts, if audi are anything like the dealership i work at (vauxhall) they have got very strict on service history lately.

isnt roadside assistance for one year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys

I have looked in the asisstance & warrenty details i got with the car & it says you get 2 years free, with a further year free if you get it serviced at an authorised repairer. Doe's that mean main dealers or am i ok with an indipendent garage?.

I will phone Audi UK after i have had the service & let you know.

Thanks sam

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Mine's got 3 years roadside (I think!).

I wouldn't think it'd invalidate the cover, so long as OEM parts are used. Sam, at those prices, it'd be worth travelling to Stafford Audi for a service. I just had my first AVS on my TDI for £175. You need to mention their ebay ad when you book though.

EDIT - and if you speak to Andrew in the service department, he's a top guy. Very helpful and polite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts