UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i rang Docklands Audi about 2pm they said they were busy and would give me a call back.

Sure enough they did just that and at 18:37 here they came.

I made the call because having seen this online, i thought hmmm thats not too bad.

Affordable servicing - http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-with-audi/affordable-servicing.html

Major service £269
Interim service £149
Cam belt £399

* Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT and Q5. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Prices include VAT at the prevailing rate and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.
My car is a 58 plate so about 3 years old. This link and prices is for cars 3 years and older so all in £669 would get me a full service and a cambelt change. As it turns out my car was registered in september so its 3 months shy of being 3 years old.

So the call. "If you would like to book that in sir we will provide a couteousy car. All in that comes to £1168.73"

The split is like this

Major service = 454.70
Cambelt = 714.13

Parts from audi and avspares...
AVSpares.co.uk - Service parts = £115 and timing belt kit = £167 (these guys are always very good with genuine parts to boot.)
I rang audi - Service parts = £150 and timing belt kit = £250.10 (reasonable from a dealer)

So essentially 700 in labour audi want

How does the pricing scheme work? What the flip? How can a car because its under 3 years old be priced stupidly?

this isnt even a rant. ITs more of an experience being shared

·
Registered
35 Posts
book it in anywhere else, if they are going to do that to you dont bother using them.

i work for a VAG aprooved dealership myself and we would happily honour that price for a car nearing 3 years.

what area are you from INti

·
Registered
10 Posts
Booked my Audi Advant for it first MOT and a service, it has 31,000 miles, but as I am going to tow a caravan I though I would have it serviced. I brought the car from the main dealers in October 2013, free MOT and voucher for main service cost £299 instead of the new £309.

That will be £659 sir, what, I told them about my MOT voucher so they knocked off £50. I asked why, it included the cabin filter and brake fluid sir( £224 for a less than £10 pollen filter, which takes 10 minutes to change and 2 litre of dot 4 fluid).? and a special oil for the 2 year service, if you dont have the special oil it will be £309, but requires servicing every year ?

I asked them how much for a 2 year service only £385 sir, I asked further about the oil spec VW spec 504 00/507 00, I replied same as the oil I have in the garage Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w - 30w, yes sir, you can supply your own oil, some of our customers do, £216 for a 2 year service ?.

That £169.00 for the oil ? what a rip of

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.