UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

OK guys I have had the car since March and have read the Manual over and over but I cannot seem to be able to answer an incoming call without having to pick the phone up. Can anyone tell me how to do this hands free? The phone is paired with the bluetooth device and If I answer it manually (by picking up the phone)this is no problem! But I thought the idea of hands free was that you would not have to touch the phone to answer the call.

The car is a Brand New S3 (10Reg) with handsfree low & multifunction steering wheel and all the contacts/tel No's appear in the centre led between the rpm/speedo dial.

No guesses here please, just someone who has a late bluetooth low with no satnav like myself. Can anyone help here?

Many thanks

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

Press the left hand scroll wheel on the MFSW to answer a call.

[/quote] Am I to assume that whilst in a call that I wish to end, do I scroll the button in the opposite direction to that of which scrolled to answer it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I just bought an '06 audi A3 2.0 TFSI S-line. My question is very similar to daveroger's. The thing is though my car comes with the bluetooth phone preparation, it hasnt got the multi-function steering. Neither does it have the MMI system. So as far as I can see there is absolutely no way of receiving or making calls without handling the phone. What surprises me is that when on a call, the contacts name appears on the display between the rev counter and speedometer. So I'm thinking that the bluetooth preparation is fully integrated and was not a retro-fit by a previous owner.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to use the bluetooth system without the MMI or the MFSW? I think the head unit is the bog standard concert system.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I'd say the only way to answer calls without MFSW is to use the buttons on your mobile [N] which is a bit pants! You could retrofit the MFSW if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guessed as much. I don't think I've got the courage to retrofit the MFSW though. It's not something I could do myself and would probably cost an arm and a leg and then some if I take it to a dealer to have it done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why is this info omitted from Audi literature ??, Also why have 'Headlights On' sign on the light switch (obscured by right hand/arm) should be on speedo !!.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Keith, welcome to the forum,
Your right about the lights , they should be on the speedo, dont you have automatic lights ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still can't find it in the manual but found out through this forum !!, problem now is that I cannot switch off/end telephone call by pushing scroll wheel, Q3 is twelve months old,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts