UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put my audi a4 1.9 tdi on me m8s vag and come up with the following error codes.

17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent.

What might this refer to?

The car has been smoking and will run into overboost limp if pused hard.

17994/P1586/005510 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus Intermittent.

Any ideas where exactly this N144/N145 is exactly ?

been reading on wiki and we have chceked the hoses and they look fine.
will chinging the solonoid fix this problem??

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
well mate, with the 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent.

The pd turbo are variable vane. Which means that the vanes turn towards the spinning turbine. Over time they clog up with soot deposits and will fail to move and thus cause the car to overboost. Either that or its the n75...but first i would get the turbo cleaned out......innotec have a turbo cleaning product.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
yep thats the one mate. The fact that it doesnt do it all the time would point to the turbo being clogged. You can also check the movement of the variable vanes manually.

·
Registered
902 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

yep thats the one mate. The fact that it doesnt do it all the time would point to the turbo being clogged. You can also check the movement of the variable vanes manually.

[/quote]

You can use vag-com to wiggle the vanes too, but don't ask me how! It'll be on Ross Tech somewhere I expect!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my m8s going to clean the turb tmr.

just one more fault left 17994/P1586/005510 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus Intermittent.

Any ideas where exactly this N144/N145 is exactly and how to fix ?

thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
try giving that bit a wiggle, should move pretty freely it sometimes sticks and affects boost pressure not sure about the engine mount one though sorry mate. let us know how you get one with the turbo cleaner though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts