UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, come over from the uk-mkivs,

my sister wants to buy a new car, now its got to be a audi a3 with the facelift, after 2005,

she wants a diesel. there are two diesel (correct me if im wrong), the 1.9 with 105bhp and the 140bhp, any opinons on these engines, and could she pick a good one up for £10,000

thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
the 140 is great and should get a reasonable one for 10k with lowish miles too! i got the 140 sport and was very impressed with it id think the 105 would be a bit under powered but havent driven one so wouldnt know for sure. there's also a 170bhp one if she can find on but dont know if 10k woulod buy one of them?!?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep same as above. The 1.9tdi does map up quite well but id go for the 2.0tdi

Same power unit as the VW and not heard of any major faults.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]

Yep same as above. The 1.9tdi does map up quite well but id go for the 2.0tdi

Same power unit as the VW and not heard of any major faults.

[/quote]

Other than a potentially porous head [;)]

If you're looking for the 140 version, check the filler cap for any white residue.

Yes, you can get an A3 TDI for around £10k, although I doubt you'd get a 170 as they were produced from '56 plates (I think) so they'll probably be over budget. The 170 is highly recommended though [:D]

Oh, and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've got the 140PS on a 54 plate - love it.

Got it remapped now and it flys too.

Just mke sure it doesnt have the Flywheel prob where it judders at idle, leaky rads are common, porous heads are rare but make sure you check and also, the intake manifold flap as well as teh bearings are common probs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts