UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My a3 2.0 tdi quattro s line sportback 170 had a big problem this morning and was wondering if anyone cold offer assistance. Cars been driving fine, set off this morning started up as normal, got 30 yards down the road the car completely cut out and stopped, it wouldn't restart and when trying to the start the car it said oil pressure esp error. It got towed and set to the audi garage but they can't look at it till Monday, could anyone help and let me know what might be the problem? There were no signs of leakage from the engine, really baffling. Thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
The oil pressure error is usually caused by trying to start the engine, and cranking it for too long so the ecu sees no oil pressure. This will happen if the car doesn't start, and I'll bet it has nothing to do with the car stalling. I wouldn't worry about that particular error, but what the actual fault is I'd not even guess.

I presume it's still under warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just over 3 years old, never had a problem like it in its life. Been in the garage allday they've not had a chance to look at it, said when they do they'll let me know...you have no idea at all what it could be at all to cause this? Got a bad feeling its going to be something very expensive, drove it last night was completely fine.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
A scan with VCDS will show why she stalled. Like rustynuts said i wouldnt be too worried about the cranking oil pressure light. Needs a scan [Y]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Audi are quite expensive for labour mate, id be more inclined to bring it to a Audi specialitst. Was it full of diesel?

A scan is the only answer really as it could be so many things. Even small things like sensors.

·
Registered
926 Posts
41k, just over 3 years. How much over 3 years? You might argue that it's only just a few days or weeks out of warranty and they might contribute towards the cost of repairs.

It does have Full Audi Service History I presume?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
full service history, going to see what they say when they've had a look at it, and then see what i can do...had about half a tank in it

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Agree with the above. It needs scanning with diagnostics really. Anything else would be guesswork. Hopefully its something relatively cheap. As Rusty says, push for a contribution via Audi H.O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts