UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, had a look on a few sites about remaps. 1.9 TDI (100) goes upto around 130 hp and 300 nm torque, just wondering what your opinions are on remapping these engines, what compenents take a beating from doing it i.e clutch. Also heard about some remaps being untraceable and reversable ?

Cheers

Womble [:D]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
A lot of tuners now offer a handheld flasher so you can turn the map on and off as you please,the only thing that might be strained is the clutch as you mentioned and depending how its mapped,all maps are traceable if they are looked into enough but in normal cases the dealers etc know something has been done but unless the car is in warranty it should make no difference

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep 130-135bhp. Mine has done 50k since remap and no clutch slip, and it's on there since new (160k) ago. It depends on the map and the severity and how you drive of course. It's night and day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wont be a problem with that engine they are strong you can map them all the way upto 200bhp with a change of the intercooler,injectors,turbo and intake pipes they are brilliant engine i had a 130bhp Ibza remapped to 185bhp ran it for yearswith no problems. puts less strain on engine as you wont rev as hard as you woukld have more lowdown torque,

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yes, go for it. The clutch on the 100pd can take 150bhp & 330nm torque easily, it won't last as long as a normal clutch, but, driven properly, there won't be much of a difference.

I tend to make sure my foot is fully off the clutch before I boot it anyway (though I have a quattro so slightly different circumstances).

Tyres & brakes may wear faster too.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Exactly and I don't nail it until it's over 2300, it's hard on clutch if you nail that at 1500.

·
Registered
902 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]Exactly and I don't nail it until it's over 2300, it's hard on clutch if you nail that at 1500.

[/quote]

Oh Feck! Where did you hear that!?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Not sure where I picked it up, but the power and torque curve isn't there and it adds extra strain to Clutch and fly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My sister in law has a Vw lupo remapped to 120 BHP from 85 BHP ! its a little smokey but is a rocket... Its had no problems a part from blowing off pipes no clutch issues noe turbo issues just a speed issue !

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive had a few turbo'd vag cars all have been remapped never had a problem with any except one fabia Vrs with a bad map eventually screwed the turbo up.. we have also had a mapped lupo and have to agree it went like stink

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Definatly overfuelling and clogging it up. With a remap its always important to make sure that the airfilter is clean and no boost leaks so it doesnt overfuel too.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

How did it screw up the turbo? Too much soot?

[/quote]

Turbo? i thought they had a whistle like a referee blows on

·
Registered
17 Posts
the fabia was my brothers had the octavia vrs i had mine mapped by revo but he found someone "cheaper" and it cost him £199 it lasted 30k before it give up the ghost

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

[quote user="Stevee"]

How did it screw up the turbo? Too much soot?

[/quote]

Turbo? i thought they had a whistle like a referee blows on

[/quote]

Hair dryer!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes the lupo is a rocket ! its so quite you would never know it was remapped or had that much power, Due to it being light it keeps up quite well with my 2.0 TDI Golf (219BHP) [:mad:]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts