UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Just wanting to ask has anyone had this occur on there motors over the years? My old seat leon has had one snap on me when i was trying to change it out, its fine the now but come the winter it will be a pain in the rear.

Have seen a few threads on other forums about it such as the mercs and looks like there is tooling out there to remove the sodden thing without the need to take the head off. Just wanted to see if any experience or advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Did them on the van before and it was fine. I've heard they go brittle over time though. If there's 1 that won't come out then leave it, and do the other 3.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
We had one that had on a berlingo and it was one of the hardest task known to man,would it fluke come out,in the end we ended up snapping the head off and welding a nut on the top and threading it out

·
Registered
510 Posts
cillit bang works a treat on seized glow plugs, i always tighten very slightly, just so it moves then undo, works every time.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi I'm Barry Scott! Do you have glow plugs that won't come out. Pour it on. Bang and the plug is gone.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
And adding to dougall, do it when engine is hot rather than cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts