UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Just thought id say a quick hello, already an existing member of ukmkivs having previously owned a mk iv gt tdi, the only 2000 (V plate) with a PD engine as standard Ive ever known to exist!

Now Ive halved my MPG and im the proud owner of an Audi S3, which I love to bits but can only afford to drive every other weekend! [:D]

Ive posted a pic in the gallery [<:eek:)]

C ya all round :)

Greg

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Id love an S3 to replace the 2nd family car!!!

The A4 is the 1st car.......TDi.........of course....

What sort of mpg realistically are u getting from it in mixed driving? what price can u get the earlier years models? [:cool:]

Are u gona get a remap upto the 250 area?[au]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Steve!

Id recommend getting an S3 to anybody, although generally speaking they dont need a lot of recommendation... a quick drive around the block usually does the trick to convert anyone! lol![:D]

I have to say I didnt buy the car for its MPG though, the book says it does 29.9 average and yeh on a long journey Ive actually managed to get 40 out of it (speedo not moving about 69-70Mph) but unfortunately my journey to work is 7 miles in rush hour traffic which I often complete with a bit of a boost to let off some steam before sitting in an office for 10 hours! SIgh... I average at about 25MPG! Its not awful but its no TDI! [:(]

It's currently putting out between about 265bhp with Stage 1 Custom Code remap and a couple of extras like the green cotton air filter etc! Have to say Id recommend a re-map to anybody!! Especially after owning a turbo petrol or diesel for about 6-7 months (about the time when you start getting used to it and thinking the horses have all galloped away),Im sure anyone would agree that it just gives the car a new lease of life!

I paid 10k for mine over a year and a half ago... now you can pick them up starting at about 6,500 for one with quite high milage? [^o)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts