UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car done properly today, porter cabled it last week so needed to wait on my Poorboys wax arriving in the post so I could finish her off properly, here's a few pics!

just need to get a set of alu matt mirror covers to finish off

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Looking good. Do you find you get swirls from weekly cleaning ? My b7 avant is covered in them , inspite of my care..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]Looking good. Do you find you get swirls from weekly cleaning ? My b7 avant is covered in them , inspite of my care..

[/quote] I only got the car in June and it was covered in them, I've since t-cutted which didn't really help, then porter cabled with a good cutting polich (mezerna) which done away with all buth the very deepest marks, all of the swirling has gone.

Just need to be extra vigilant and use very clean or new microfibres and my megs wool mitt in future to make sure it stays good.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Did you have any experience with a PC beforehand ? My ( wife's) car is only 18 months old and really needs some tlc but down here in Surrey-land people want ?350+

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had no experience at all. It isn't hard to get the knack of.

They say you can do a lot of damage but I think you'd be hard pushed to do any harm. As long as you keep it moving and don't use a highly abrasive cutting polish too intensely u'd be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts