UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rear ended last week, me stationary in traffic, car hit me was going fast !!

Was off work the rest of last week with a very stiff neck and arms. When I say arms it is from where I braced onto the steering wheel prior to the impact as I saw him coming in the rearview mirror.

Not a nice experience and my neck still isn't right.

The car was confirmed a writeoff on Friday and was taken away yesterday.

Boo-hoo, I loved that car.

This is the state of what hit me....

And this is mine...

Audi 1, Mercedes 0

Saying that my car assumed a bannana shape and the insurance assessor that it had a "broken chassis". From C pillar it was twisted down about 4" and a bit diagonally. Strangely no glass broke on mine, not even the light lenses.

Anyway am without an VAG car now for the first time in 6 years !

·
Registered
175 Posts
WOW! The Merc must have been goin some looking at damage to front off car. Main thing no serious injuries.Not a nice experience being involved in an accident.Any idea how much insurance going to pay out for your motor?.....which as you said has taken the impact pretty well.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Blimey. The Merc driver must have hit you at some speed. I'm not surprised you have whiplash! Hopefully it should be a straight forward claim. Glad to hear you are reasonably ok.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Noting worse than looking in the mirror and waiting for the impact - I've done than before. Glad you're ok thou fella !

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Cars can be replaced, make sure you get your neck seen to by pro

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sorry to read this mate but as metioned your ok thats the main thing.......................................because we cant afford a death of a poster on this forum[:D]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
as the rest of the lads have said, cars are replacable, people are not, how are you feeling now ct.p?,

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]Cars can be replaced, make sure you get your neck seen to by pro

[/quote]

Nooo, you don't know where she's been putting her hands and she might charge that type of relief as an "extra" [;)].

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]Ps - 2008 a4 2.0 tdi s-line avant for sale - only 5050 miles done so far :p ( never one to miss an opportunity ! )

[/quote]

Disgraceful. [:D]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

[quote user="damianmkv"]Ps - 2008 a4 2.0 tdi s-line avant for sale - only 5050 miles done so far :p ( never one to miss an opportunity ! )

[/quote]

Disgraceful.

[/quote]

( hangs head in shame and goes to sit on the naughty step.... )

·
Registered
399 Posts
fucking hell colin - what a mess... glad you're alright, good to see audi trumps merc as well.

any news on a new car chap? will you remain vag?

C

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="CkB"]

****** hell colin - what a mess... glad you're alright, good to see audi trumps merc as well.

any news on a new car chap? will you remain vag?

C

[/quote]

No, currently burning / chugging about in an old (V reg) Focus diesel !

First time for years I'm not in a VAG car.

The Wife has got an even older (S reg) Focus petrol and it has been a really good car so I thought I'd get one as a stopgap. Work is a bit iffy at the momement so comitting to more finance was not good. The payout I got from the Audi enough to settle what I owed on it, so now I'm streamlined financially until work sorts itself out.

Future plans, I don't know but when the time comes...

Quite fancy another A6 but will probably go for the next generation and either the 2.7 or 3.0 TDI. It would also have to be quatro as well. But for the foreseeable future the Blue Ovaled Foci will suffice.

Saying that, they are incredibly good fun to drive and handling wise will run rings round anything VAG I have owned. You just have to put up with the low rent interior and a measly 90hp! The heated front screen is a very nice toy indeed though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote user="leach76"]because we cant afford a death of a poster on this forum
[/quote]

Now that is funny, not that I used to say a lot on here anyway.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, forgot to mention....(shameless plug)

I have an RNS-E satnav for sale. New DVD mechanism done a few weeks before the crash as well which cost me almost £300 !!

It has an 09 disc and is therefore TMC enabled.

Looking for £400

1 - 20 of 22 Posts