UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone know how you fit or make the ambient lighting? my dad has it in his a6 lemans edition and looks the dogs was wondering if its a easy job or not?

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
It's really easy in the A3 (presumably you're talking about the red lights located in the courtesy lights? I think the part alone is around £10 and plug 'n' play.

So if the A4 is the same as the A3, it's a doddle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes these can be fitted to the A4 B6, it's a nice easy mod to do.

You just need the LED module from the dealers (about £10) then remove your front interior light, drill out the 2 holes that are marked out on the inside of the light, clip the LED module in and wire it up to the spare connectors in the interior light.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Does the wiring just come from the interior light already in place? has anyone a number for this LED module as this sounds a budget mod i may be able to stretch funds to

·
Registered
77 Posts
Finished pics shown here on this eBay ad for one that's already been done:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-Audi-A4-S4-RS4-Ambient-Interior-Lighting-Kit_W0QQitemZ230450343465QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20100319?IMSfp=TL100319125001r21645

And here's a nice how-to with part numbers.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a4-s4-cabrio/58054-how-retrofit-ambient-interior-lighting.html

It couldn't get any easier!!

leach, yes the connections for the LED module are already in the standard light and the module comes with the wires and connectors already attached. It really is plug and play.

The first mod I did to my A4 [:D]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Mods can you change Garfie's links so they work please? because when i copy and paste they dont

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
There you go, should work now. Thought it was about time I learnt how to insert links properly

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Does anyone know if the connectors needed to connect the ambient lighting module to is only in the car if the vehicle has factory fitted map lights?

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

Does anyone know if the connectors needed to connect the ambient lighting module to is only in the car if the vehicle has factory fitted map lights?

[/quote]

No idea sorry. Mine has map lights and the connectors were there.

If any of the switches illuminate on yours when your headlights are on then I don't see it being a major problem to take a feed from them if there are no connections spare

·
Registered
8 Posts
Came as standard in my car. had a W8 in my Golf so was happy when i saw it in my new A4. Mine is a 2004 S Line so maybe it became standard?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts