UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys have'nt been on in a while. I was just wondering if air conditioning system is covered under warranty as mines lost all its gas and doesn't cool at all, i heard all the gas escaping but couldn't find wher it was coming from so I'm guessing thers a broken hose somewhere. Also heres a pic of my car with a coat of snowfoam do you think i have the mix right???

Any Comments welcome cheers

rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi.

if the fault can be traced to a part that has failed due to a manufacturing fault or a repair carried out by audi on the system and providing the service is up to datethen i can't no reason why it shouldn't be covered under warranty. Just means you'll lose your car for a week while the local dealer muppets look at it. If its not warranty, find a air con specalist who will regas/pressurise the system with some die in it so you can see the leak and sort the problem

hope this helps

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sorry, only just seen this. If it's a manafacturing then yes, it's covered by warranty.

And the mixture looks good to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote user="scrumpyjim"]

hi.

if the fault can be traced to a part that has failed due to a manufacturing fault or a repair carried out by audi on the system and providing the service is up to datethen i can't no reason why it shouldn't be covered under warranty. Just means you'll lose your car for a week while the local dealer muppets look at it. If its not warranty, find a air con specalist who will regas/pressurise the system with some die in it so you can see the leak and sort the problem

hope this helps

[/quote]

right i had the car in on wed, and had a rubbish 1.6 a3 courtesy car for the day. good news its covered on warranty the bad news is i have to wait two weeks in this weather for a new pressure/temp sensor lol. I am an air con/fridge engineer by trade so if it wasnt under warrany i would fix it myself even though its a lot of hassle. thanks for the reply finally lol

cheers rob

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

Sorry, only just seen this. If it's a manafacturing then yes, it's covered by warranty.

And the mixture looks good to me.

[/quote]

yes the mix did a good job that time but the week after a i foamed it again and the results were nowhere near as good, is ther any more tips to snowfoam????

cheers rob

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Well, I'm no expert but I understand some snow foams contain TFR traffic film remover, which can strip wax. So, if yours had a layer of wax, maybe that helped with the initial clean then the week after, you'd have no layer so the dirt was harder to shift(?).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts