UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies to those who know their way around under the bonnet - I don't and this will probably seem like a v dumb question.

A few months ago the engine on my 2005 A3 started sounding like it was really labouring, and it turned out the top cover on the air box intake had come adrift. One of the clips had bust off and it's now held on with plastic cable ties, as you can see in section 1 on the photo below.

My problem now is, the engine has started making the same noise. The top cover is still in place, but I'm trying to work out whether there should be another cover where I've marked out section 2 in the photo. If there should be, it's gone missing (can't find it in the engine bay) and there's a big gaping hole in the intake box, which is probably why it's making the same noise again. (told you it was a dumb question - any answers gratefully received)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah that should be a sealed type on unit with all the air been taken through the intake in to the airbox feed,but not sure this would make the noise you mention

1 - 2 of 2 Posts