UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My aunts going to want to sell her TT properly now as she's getting married in Aug and i took it for a "proper" spin today and fooook me, its quick, handles spot on and with a remap, it will be a beast :D

Its a 2001 TT 225 Quattro Coupe with every single extra (leather, heated seats, xenons, 6cd, etc.) and its only done 46k with all lady owners!

And also, i should get a "family discount" so it will be worth while :D (even if i do have to pay 2k for insurance!) :p

Can anyone reccomend some companies i could try?

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would go for the TT, but then again I'm biased!!

Chris Knott is recommend by a lot of TT owners and they are the official sponsor of certain TT related forum. I would get a quote from them and then ring round and try to get it beaten.

http://www.chrisknott.co.uk

·
Registered
83 Posts
brentacre, really good lads and got me my A4 coverd for about £400 cheaper than everyone else with business use, no extra cost for mods other than engine ones, they even gave me a cheap quote for my track car!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys - I'll get on to it :D

Got exams at the mo so hopfully by the end of the month, I shall let you know.

Any other companies that would do agood quote for me would also be highly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
399 Posts
My recommendation would be Greenlight, but I know for a fact they won't touch you with a M(anchester) or L(iverpool) postcode [:(]

C

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Insurance has been on my side recently

£1300 on teh A3 under my name

£1600 on my Type R under my name

£1650 on the TT under my name :D

How reliable are the TT engines/Turbo (engine codes BAM). Will it handle a remap without blowing anything? My uncle had a LCR (TT Engine) with Blueflame exhaust, Air filter and that was running a stage 2 remap at 280bhp IIRC. Will it be safe to get the TT to run this much BHP? He sold his after a few months as he fell in love with a Evo VIII and never kept in touch with the owner lol

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI,

have you tryied

chris knotts

Sky insurance

greenlight insurance

adrain flux insurance

just in the process of getting quotes and they seem to be the best so far

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi buddy

Its an oldish thread but managed to get a decent quote on the TT although my aunt sold it at a good price so we let it go!

Sky wont touch me due to my age and chriss knotts hate my postcode (or is it the other way round).

But with Admiral and paying £1200 on the Type R with my Collies, Tints and egg-sauce declared :D I'm 20 now but got the R when i was 19 and was £1300 although my excess was a lot higher and i have a years NCB too :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts