UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice and help!

As some of you may already know, I'm interested in upgrading the interior in my beloved A4 SE......from cloth to leather.

She's on a '03' plate with all round electric windows.Front seats are not electric nor heated and my rear seats are not split 60/40.

I've seen an Audi A6 Allroad Estate 2.5tdi Quattro on a '01' plate being dismantled for parts in my region which has electric leather seats in green/grey....which would look absolutely fabulous in my green Audi!

I am however doubtful because I think the rear seats are split 60/40, and I do believe I can't fit splits seat into my saloon.....without having to modify them, and I'm told this ain't easy!!!

Would anyone know from which model(s) seats will fit my A4? And would it be possible to fit or modify electric seats?....not that I'm bothered about having electric seat.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
607 Posts
would a6 seats physically fit in the car? thought they were bigger? if they will the holes for the 40/60 seats should be in the car anyway as far as im aware it will just have a bung in. easy way to see is drop your rear seats and have a look. the electrics shouldnt be too hard to get working i wouldnt have thought

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gav

Thank for reply mate. Yeah I think you could be right re: A6 seat might be bigger. I've only seen pics of interior from A6 but logic tells me you could be right mate.I may go have a look at motor tomorrow if I have time.

As for the split 40/60 seat I'll have a look in my motor tomorrow,see if there are any holes and if they are bung in. My rear seat don't fold down at all....I don't think so anyway!!

Gonna ask local garage about electrics in seats. But if your right and it should be too hard to get sorted then that would be something to keep in mind when looking for seats.

Shall post my finding on here!!

Thanxs Gav

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi, I don't know about the size and 60/40 split. But when i upgraded my interior in my A3 from cloth to leather. The Leather seats were electric and heated (my old ones were not) we bought a wiring loom from Kufatec for the electrics and for the heated seats. We also had to buy a complete new (2nd hand) aircon unit which has the switches unlike VW the heated seat switches are complete and can't be bought seperate :(

One thing to remember when you get the heated seats wiring loom it will be for a left hand drive so remember to switch round for a righthand drive otherwise your passenger seat button will control the drivers and the drivers will control the passenger as we found out lol [:O]

Hope that helps a bit.[Y]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="GavNayshGTTDI115"]

will they fit?? iirc the electrics is only putting live in and eartehing them, obv heating will need the switches.

[/quote]

Hi Gav

Went to look at seat in A6.....nah don't think they will fit.[N]They are very different, look bigger/longer,the rear seats have 3 headrest (mind do not).Looked to me if the rear seats are fixed different and they are 40/60 split. Plus the front seats have a storage compartment under them.I don't think there will be enough clearness in my motor to allow for this.Also the centre armrest in front is wider.

Just goes to show you......best to check it out before buying.If you looked at pics you would think they would fit. I was thinking and looking at pics with my heart and not my head.Shame would like nice in my motor

Cheers Gav

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="k6tyw"]

The Leather seats were electric and heated (my old ones were not) we bought a wiring loom from Kufatec for the electrics and for the heated seats. We also had to buy a complete new (2nd hand) aircon unit which has the switches unlike VW the heated seat switches are complete and can't be bought seperate :(

One thing to remember when you get the heated seats wiring loom it will be for a left hand drive so remember to switch round for a righthand drive otherwise your passenger seat button will control the drivers and the drivers will control the passenger as we found out lol

Hope that helps a bit.

[/quote]

Thanks for info K6tyw

I wasn't really bothered with the heated seats mate.BUT saying that, how much did the wiring loom for electrics and heated seats set you back from Kufatec?And the complete air con unit........If you don't mind me asking[:)]

Was it a big job.....take you long to sort it?

Would have loved to have seen your face, when your seat started moving without you operating it [:O] lol look no hands[:D]

Cheers K6tyw

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote user="philb13"]

[quote user="k6tyw"]

The Leather seats were electric and heated (my old ones were not) we bought a wiring loom from Kufatec for the electrics and for the heated seats. We also had to buy a complete new (2nd hand) aircon unit which has the switches unlike VW the heated seat switches are complete and can't be bought seperate :(

One thing to remember when you get the heated seats wiring loom it will be for a left hand drive so remember to switch round for a righthand drive otherwise your passenger seat button will control the drivers and the drivers will control the passenger as we found out lol

Hope that helps a bit.

[/quote]

Thanks for info K6tyw

I wasn't really bothered with the heated seats mate.BUT saying that, how much did the wiring loom for electrics and heated seats set you back from Kufatec?And the complete air con unit........If you don't mind me asking

Was it a big job.....take you long to sort it?

Would have loved to have seen your face, when your seat started moving without you operating it
lol look no hands

Cheers K6tyw

[/quote]

No I don't mind, I paid around £74 for the Heated seat loom which inc the electric lumbar delivered. And I got the air con unit on ebay paid about £50.[Y] The other half fitted it all [;)] probably took him about a day as it was a bit of a nightmare due to the loom being for left hand drive, not too bad though.... I just got in the car and it was all there working [:D] lol

This link shows the A3, you would just need to s elect the A4 to see the cost for your car.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p761_Seat-Heating---Harness---Audi-A3-8P---8P-Sport.html/XTCsid/9f268df051bdc7806c7825cc426d606c

I was not fussed about having heated seats at first but now I have them they are great in the winter [Y]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Katy

Thanks for that.Not bad then under 130 quid.....actually pretty bloody good really.[Y] Sounds like the only issue was with the loom taking all day!! lol

Clicked on link, had a quick look, shall save link to my favorites just in case I do find seats with electrics, it will be very helpful.

Yeah I know where you're coming from regarding having heated seats, they are great in winter I use to have Lexus is200 with heating seats.....was very nice having a warm bum in winter time [:O]

Ohh and guess I know where to go when I find seat (if electric) to be fitted ha ha [:D]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Leather would be lovely but i suppose its finding ones in a good nick! [:D] For the split rear seats id say youd have to find the pillars the seats connect to. Id say leather seat and cloth have the same mechanism though...

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote user="philb13"]

Hi Katy

Thanks for that.Not bad then under 130 quid.....actually pretty bloody good really.
Sounds like the only issue was with the loom taking all day!! lol

Clicked on link, had a quick look, shall save link to my favorites just in case I do find seats with electrics, it will be very helpful.

Yeah I know where you're coming from regarding having heated seats, they are great in winter I use to have Lexus is200 with heating seats.....was very nice having a warm bum in winter time

Ohh and guess I know where to go when I find seat (if electric) to be fitted ha ha

[/quote]

Ha ha yeah , you know it makes sense lol [Y]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote user="stevee"]

Leather would be lovely but i suppose its finding ones in a good nick!
For the split rear seats id say youd have to find the pillars the seats connect to. Id say leather seat and cloth have the same mechanism though...

[/quote]

Yeah totally agree Stevee.Allthough there are some on ebay (grant you for converitables or other makes)but when the photo's are enlarged some are not in good nick.Not to mention some 'sellers' asking prices are ridculously unbelieveably high!

Finding the pillars and then fitting them is gonna be a hard flipping job and I don't think worth the hassle.

Gonna buy Thames Valley Trader on Thurs, have a butches.

·
Registered
607 Posts
they are pretty expensive to buy from what ive seen would it not work out as cheap to have yours retrimmed? or were you after sport seats? must admit on what katy said my a3 is the first car ive had with heated seats and i wouldnt be without it, when we had the snow i just start the car, get in with heated seats on and sit and wait with quick clear front window on for the snow to clear lol took about 2 minutes from inch of snow to clear!!! didnt even have a scraper this year!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gav, the thought never crossed my mind re: having seats retrimmed [doh]....Mmm think I shall look into that, try and find someone who retrims car upolstery, get quote.

I'll just have to put my hot water bottle on me seat,[:D] then press the quick clear front window button to clear screen lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Retro fitting heated seat elements can be done.

My A6 had leather but no heating, so I retro fitted the fronts as well as the outer rears. I didn't use oem parts but used a kit by Waeco who make the oem ones for VW / Audi. The big problem is as Katy has said is that for them to look OEM, you need a new clima unit. I didn't bother and set the switches into the centre console in front of the gear lever.

A right fiddle but well within the realms of DIY. But now me, the Wife and the kids have toasty bums ! (well the youngest is still on a booster seat but his back is warmed)

I even did a how-to on another forum if anyone wants the link ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
quote] I even did a how-to on another forum if anyone wants the link ? [unquote]

Ct.p, how about copy and paste onto this forum? Only an

It would definitely help me out if I go ahead with fitting electric seats [:D]

Thanks for the info [Y]

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]What sort of power do they use ct.p?

[/quote]

44w on high, 22w on low and that is per seat which consists of the bum warmer and the backrest warmer.

You could wire them in parallel and operate them through an oem switch but as mentioned above you need a new climate control head unit to do this. I may think about in the future by a simple hi/low/off is better than no heated leather for the time being.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote user="philb13"]

quote] I even did a how-to on another forum if anyone wants the link ? [unquote]

Ct.p, how about copy and paste onto this forum? Only an

It would definitely help me out if I go ahead with fitting electric seats

Thanks for the info

[/quote]

Can't really copy and paste in here as the how-to was / is spread over a few posts in a single thread.

Here is the link anyway...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79203

And yes I call myself by a different name over there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts