UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Welcome. Tough choice - one lower miles than the other, the other a better spec and newer. Same price.....

do you have a 'want' list ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, but I have a budget that fits these two right on the money. Everything else I've seen for this price has well high mileage and not been as close to my home.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
The 115 BHP 2004 for me. I know it's higher mileage but, provided everything checks out and the major services have been done, it's the one I'd go for ( with a bit of bartering )

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nah, they dont need to be done at a main dealer, just so long as they are done on schedule.

Funnily enough though, they are 2 of the exact same ones I have been looking at aswell, being just up the road from you.

I got to sell my A3 first though, hopefully got a guy coming to look at it this weekend, then it'll be hunting time. They both would be perfect for me though. Don't need the extra power of '04 though since getting my S4, but at least its only 20 miles away. Be quick mate...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lol. No worries mate. I'm sure you'll get there first. The wife has loads of crap for me to do anyway.

I was looking at the both of them, but I would be more inclined to go for the red 100 BHP one, simply for the lower miles, and the hope it would be slightly more efficient. The problem being that the A3 has 111k on it now, so she is only willing to swap it for something with less miles. But the '04 plate one is by far the nicer looking.

Just check the usual stuff though. Regular services, the more paperwork the better, I don't really know the common stuff to look for on these A4's though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I bought the second one !! FSH, cam belt done at 80k, looks every bit as good as the photos, must admit, its the first time I've driven an Audi and its like driving a Rolls compared to my Focus. I dont get it until next Saturday, I'm on the juice the Friday night as well !! gutted.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
well done! Hope it treats you well. It looks very well looked after!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What would be the first thing to do when it arrives on my drive ? I like to clean and polish my motors, this will have the works done to it, Colonite wax as a last layer. But, does everyone have a general list of things that they do to them ?....like a particular alloy they get on, a certain Cd player to install, or a bluetooth phone system ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts