UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nasty oil leak from my valve cover. I'll put up a pic of it this evening. It seems to be a common location to get a valve cover leak.

I'm putting in a liter of oil every couple of months just to keep the oil warning at bay.

So, the plan is to change it out at the weekend. Autospares shop tell me it will be about 20 quid for the new kit.

I will post a write-up here on this thread when I'm done.

In the meantime, here's a good write-up on a 6-cylinder which I've read so I think I know what I'm doing.[bomb]

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1710287

Mine will obviously be easier due to being 4-cylinder and I have no cam chain tensioner seals to worry about. I think. Maybe someone can confirm that ..

It will be interesting anyway to see the condition of the cam stuff and check for sludge etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. Rocker cover. I used to call it a rocker cover but I started calling it a valve cover for some reason. Can't remember why.[:cool:]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It's a very common leak. It's just getting to the rocker cover by removing all that's in the way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the new gasket.

It was supposed to be €20 but the auto shop got in the wrong one (a much better one he told me) so instead it cost me €42.23

The Elring P/N is 388.170

Audi P/N 06B 103 483 H

It's only 28 quid online.

They saw me coming ..[:(]

I hope to get it swapped out on Sunday.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
the uk and NI is so much cheaper than the south for car parts. Half the price sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts