UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All.

A two fold query this morning please.

I have a 3.0 Tdi Quattro A6 Saloon, 2006, 233bhp. Obviously I am very pleased with this car, but am considering having it

"tuned" for Christmas present to myself....

So I guess 2 questions, firstly is there anyone on here who have had the same engine tuned / chipped etc, and if so what is

your personal advice and experience. Was it worth it, what are the differences (apart from more power of course).

And secondly I am thinking of having mine down by Shark Performance Tuning through one of their tune at home units, which

they have on offer for £399 at present. Seems a very reasonable price to be honest, just wanted to know if anyone has had

any experience of these guys, either positive or negative?

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback on this.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Not heard of them - why not go for bluefin ? Mention the forum and you'll get it for ?391. 268bhp/505 mm.... 7 day money back guarantee if you're not happy...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Is this the V6 one? if it is then yeah go for it i went in the A4 version if its same engine and it had some major poke & was impressed to be honest

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
As Damian says, I've never heard of them either. Bluefin and ST3 units are the ones that most people seem to talk about.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ive not heard anything of them, but ive heard some bad stories about small firms who do home visits. Id prefer to entrust mine to a Tuning firm like Revo, CC or the like

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote user="Mark-GTI"]

This looks like the Chipped ST3 unit re branded !

[/quote]

http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6&Itemid=13

Are they not all the Powergate S tool which has been branded? All they are is a protocol tool which allows the end user to read and write the ecu with out the need of the tuner being there, they have there pros and cons and all the remaps are 100% unique to the tuner, Aleintech dont supply the maps so the remaps are only as good as the tuner not the tool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well said R-Tech. Should there be an award for the most infomative tuner it would be you.

Over the last few months you have awsawed all of my questions spot on guys [clap]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts