UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a dubber but my friend just bought a 2002 Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130. It's a very nice car but I've got a couple of questions about the A6 on his behalf:

It's got a quattro badge on the back and a quattro badge on the dashboard. I was under the impression they didn't make a quattro 1.9 TDI A6? When booting it from a stand still the traction control light flickers a lot so I'm guessing someone just installed a dash from a quattro model and a quattro badge on the back?

Also it has silver wing mirrors, is this standard on this model?

Also he wants it remapped which I'm guessing will be the same as tuning a Golf GT TDI 130 like mine. When I 'popped the hood' though it looks like it has a FMIC, is this the case? My Golf has a SMIC although it has the same engine?

thanks

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The only Quattro diesel Audi A6 was the Allroad..

It will map up like your Vw, It could be the Aircon rad and not a FMIC that you see. Check for a SMIC under the headlight behind a plastic grill on bumper.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
And i think the 130 only came out on the 2002 facelift model - otherwise its a 110 non pd or 115pd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

And i think the 130 only came out on the 2002 facelift model - otherwise its a 110 non pd or 115pd.

[/quote]

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info. I have checked and it is the facelift model 2002 130 SE. It looks like the previous owner put some quattro badges on it along with chrome mirrors and grill!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I was going to update my sig as homage to you Stevee - "Stevee - is there anything he doesn't know?" [:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

It will map up like your Vw, It could be the Aircon rad and not a FMIC that you see. Check for a SMIC under the headlight behind a plastic grill on bumper.

[/quote]

Hello guys i have only just joined this forum. Just like to point out, i brought a 2.5 tdi A6 Quattro at the weekend. Its a 2001 model. You can also get a 1.9tdi quattro however these are very rare. So the only A6 Quattro was not the Allroad, unless i have a fake sitting on my drive, which i dont as my log books, insurance etc, all recognise it as a Quattro, 180 bhp. [:D]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="DukesA6"]

[quote user="Stevee"]

[/quote]

Hello guys i have only just joined this forum. Just like to point out, i brought a 2.5 tdi A6 Quattro at the weekend. Its a 2001 model. You can also get a 1.9tdi quattro however these are very rare. So the only A6 Quattro was not the Allroad, unless i have a fake sitting on my drive, which i dont as my log books, insurance etc, all recognise it as a Quattro, 180 bhp.

[/quote]

Hi Duke welcome to uk-audis, any photos of the new toy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heres the only pic i have at the moment, a crappy one off my phone! Will get some more when i have chance, let me know your thoughts? Its an automatic / tiptronic with the gear change on the steering wheel, electric seats, bose sound system, cruise control, etc etc.

Im not to sure how long the 1.9tdi quattro was built for, you hardly ever see them for sale!

Duke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the steering wheel air bag has to be deactivated to change the main beam / indicator switch?

The main beam on my A6 does not work and occasionally the indicators will stop after a couple of flashes which leads me to believe the switch is faulty and needs replacing. I have checked the main beam bulbs and these are all ok, the small blue light on the dash board does not come on either.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts