UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all i have an audi a4 1.9tdi year 2001 and have got a problem with it . a couple of weeks ago when first starting it i would turn it over as normal it would fire up and then cut out so i would turn off and turn back on again and i would have to turn it over for like 2 minutes i thought the battery would go flat it takes that long and then it would sort of splutter and start up (only when i pumped the accelerator) then it would be fine. it seemed like it would only happen if i tried starting it without putting my foot down on the pedal a touch. also now it has started juddering really bad in every gear sort of like kangarooing the slower i go the worse it is and then i can get to 40mph and sort of get it running fine. this seems alot worse in the morning when the car is cold. now i have gone to a local garage and he cant seem to find the problem yet he as plugged in to computer and there is no error codes i cant really afford to pay audi prices so i was hoping somebody may have had this problem with there own or any mechanics may be able to tell us the possible problems so i can pass the info on to the guy at garage. cheers in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also forgot to mention when in idle the car is shaking like rocking side to side quite bad until u put your foot down on accelerator a touch then it stops the guy at garage says its running on 3 cylinders then goes on to 4 ? does this sound like anything i dont no anything about car engines

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Have you had the car scanned at a garage , audihull, if so what faults did it come up with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts