UK Audi Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
[quote user="olethalb"]

yes bud, was an ebay buy £46, i may run a normal 007p though for ease of fitment.

[/quote]

Not sure a 007p will work. needs to be electric not vacuum controlled.

The car looks great mate, a bit low for mr liking, you might end up raising it once youve got 320hp to play with. [au]

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
thanks Damo [Y]

Rich - i know they need to be electronically actuated, i was intending to use the solonoid from the forge kit. coilovers go up? [:O] who knew....

Coolcol - suprisingly well, goinf to toe the tracking in a little more i think

well not alot happening, still playing the waiting game on several parts [O]

us seller decided he ould no longer supply me with a decat pipe so had to go ATP 3" at twice the price but hopefully this one will actually arrive.

brakes come this morning 345x30mm

and changed the tensioner and pollen filter at the weekend

· Registered
499 Posts
looking good ,you dont hang about with your mods eh? must have plenty spare cash,youll have to get a video clip up to hear what exhaust sounds when done .

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
thanks bud, still selling parts off the bora so they are going into the audi fund [:)]

well the ebay decat guy decided after a month of saying he was going to get some more stock and send one across has refunded me, so after a frantic hunt came across FR&R tuning uk site, they had a 3" ATP decat pipe listed on the website, after a quick call they had one in stock for £200 so ordered it Tuesday morning and it arrived today.

haven't got any fitted pics as it was a real pain to get the old cat to down pipe bolts off, they were very corroded and almost inaccessable.

after fitting i took it round the block, it spools up much faster but seems a lot less torquey. and down on power towards the top end.

that said i discovered another issue, since i bought the car there was a faint rattle, it sounded top end so i cecked the fuel pump and changed the tappet, helped a little. the changed the cam chain and tensioner which made the engine quieter still. last week i thought i'd found the issue after youtubing 'tfsi rattle' the actuator arm rattles on the wastegate flap arm, i added a small amount of preload to the actuator to try and take up the play. it helped a little but was still there. the rattle sounded like a bearing in a tin and only on decelleration mainly between 2-3k revs. being that it was only on decelleration pointed toward the actuator again.

so when i had the cat off i had access to the wastegate flap and arm, what i discovered was a tad worrying. i could feel play in the wastegate flap - excuse pic

the centre rivet had loosened off and the flap had been vibrating causing the flap to break up, i shook the cat out and a couple of small bits of it were lodged inside.

all i could do at this point was put a weld on the arm to the flap to stop it vibrating, of course the turbo is dead and will not be performing anywhere near where it should with all the boost escaping but giving me extra incentive to get the k04 on. [Y]

· Registered
423 Posts
Mine was making a marble in a tin rattle on part throttle... I had the map updated and it stopped... very odd!

How are you finding the r32 brakes? Good eh? (for the money anyway)

Have thought about some S3 brake clips and getting DTM decals put on them, it would look great.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
thanks Damian, just need to solve the problems.

Rich, i sort have have r32 brakes, they are s4 discs (different height and larger centre bore) R32 carriers and outer calipers with DTM pistons as they are larger than the r32 ones. Please tell me where i can get these brake clips i've searched high and low

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
thanks bud, loked on etka and they were closer to the £30 mark! part number 8P0 615 269

prepare for more shocking iphone pics.....

well the wait was finally over after around 5 weeks this arrived

unwrapped to reveal

gave it a look over and all looked very impressive so set about removing the old one

after fitting it all up and tweaking and re-tweaking i can't say i'm impressed with the fitment, the pipes don't sit high enough in the bumper, the adjustable bracket that sets the distance between pipes is not sufficient and the bracket hangs low and is visible from behind the car. besides that the tailpipes stick out obout an inch from the rear bumper.

after bending the hanger brackets a little and trimming just over an inch off the tailipes i got it sitting better today

i am getting some stainless rod to replace the ugly bracket and get the pipes sitting central in the exhaust cut outs in the bumper

finally my polybush snub mount arrived from the states

and my Autotech HPFP

in other news i've taken the k04 to have custom outlet made and flange to fit my decat, also spoke to MRC who say 360bhp is achievable with the mods i have plus FMIC so i've ordered FMIC kit. hoping within a week to have most of it all fitted up [:D]

· Registered
1,900 Posts
Looking good mate but on word of the milltek's they are made poor to how they used to be,brackets snap near welds with vibration and they seem to rust in no time these day,what cooler you gone for ?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
well been sizing up coolers for a long time, the ATP one seems well made but the core size is a bit on the small size for my liking, plus i'd need to hack apart my front bumper to get it on there [:(]

the cx racing one on ebay from USA is basically a copy of the ATP item, the only other viable option seemed to be the evolution racing one that apparently requires minimal trimming but does need a P/S oil cooler and am yet to see one with the crash bar fitted and comes in at around 1k from USA plus import tax and probably 3 week wait [O]

so after sizing a few coolers up and looking at ones of other cars i went for an ebay kit to fit a different audi

it seems to satisfy my size vs fitment with crash bar and no cutting of car / bumper

obviously the piping was no good but i had some ally bends in the shed so mocked up the coldside pipework

and the bumper fits straight on with no contact

the pipes have all been dropped to my ally welder guy and he'll be beading the ends of the pipes. that leaves me to order a couple of black silicon joiners and some decent stainless jubilee clamps.

unfortunately i'll need to get the k04 on before i can make up the pipes for the hotside so the twintercoolers are back on for now.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.