UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just brought an A4 Avant Sport 04 plate - front electric windows both work fine from drivers control but passenger window not operate from passenger control...... anyone know if there is a restrictor swith or something please? Cheers

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
On my A3, I think the isolating switch only switches off the rear windows, so the passenger front should still function. FWIW, the isolating switch is just below the drivers window controls. Not sure if it's the same with the A4 though.

Sounds to me like the passenger window switch is at fault.

I'm sure one of the A4 guys will be on later though.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I just quickly googled "a4 window switch" and it came up with this pic. The isolating switch is the long one in the middle of the window switches. HTH?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
As you said dave it will be either a switch fault or the wiring between the switch and the motor. Check the wiring too between the door and the A pillar as it often frays the wiring causing problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys

There is definately not an isolation switch on main controls so looks like I will be contacting the dealer! I'm sure it worked though when I checked the car last week.......still, I am well pleased with my buy!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts