UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2008 (8P) A3 sportback and am looking at fitting some rear parking sensors, the problem is the 12V positive supply has to come from the reversing light & the reversing light is the tailgate.

Do I need to run the wire all the way from the reversing light (in the tailgate) or is there another point (preferably near the light cluster on the rear body of the car) I can take off a feed from the reversing light ?

If anyone has a copy of the fitting instructions which come with the genuine audi parking sensors they could scan & PM me it would be much appreciated !

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
If the reversing light is on the tailgate you could always locate the wire that is the line for the reversing and trace it back to where it runs nearer the roof of the car.

You probably know already but it will have to be the reverse line as you dont want them on all the time, only when reversing. Id run a seperate wire from the reverse light itself back through the tailgate, down the side column and down under the bumper. Abit of a witch of a job tbh!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Daz, just had a look at some paperwork that came with my car, there is a instruction booklet for the original park control, but this booklet is for a tt only, booklet number 8j8 054 630, so its my guess that every model have different installation booklets

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It doesnt help too much but this picture is sort of a overview

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can pick up the reverse light feed behind the N/S boot trim before it runs up the pillar and into the tailgate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts