UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some photos at last, here they are hope you dont find them to boring[:D]

although the dealer did not do a bad job of valeting the car, i gave it a good clean this morning, didnt wax it though as its in the post albeing well

I will remove the wheels this week , to wash and seal the insides

·
Registered
607 Posts
nust admit as im always honest im not that keen with the roof up but with the roof down[H] they look the dogs absolutely stunning with the roof off!! nice motor there mate, how you finding the dsg? my mrs wants an a4 dsg in a couple of years told her shes gotta do at least 10k in hers before we sell it!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="ADEY"]

looks good Dave

anorak question! - do you find the 'road noise' any louder in a cab?

No difference when the hoods up adey, a bit noisier when the hoods down but with the stereo turned up you do not really notice it, also the wind break helps a lot , its my second cabrio , and it will not be the last

[/quote]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

nust admit as im always honest im not that keen with the roof up but with the roof down
they look the dogs absolutely stunning with the roof off!! nice motor there mate, how you finding the dsg? my mrs wants an a4 dsg in a couple of years told her shes gotta do at least 10k in hers before we sell it!!

[/quote]

Excellent gav, its suprising how well it works, especially when its in sports mode, what can i say very responsive

·
Registered
607 Posts
will be looking into these for her just not yet lol i read a review the other day said the a3 cabi was just like the a4 but better spec inside! she loves driving my tdi but shes auto only on her licence(women) so she needs dsg!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gav, i had a look at an A4, although slighty bigger, i went for the a3 because there is only 2 of us, more economical, and as you mentioned a better spec,and price

although its classed as a 4/5 seater i would not like to sit in the back

there is less boot space as well compared with the a4

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Its not the car that i would get personally but different strokes for different folks. Must be nice to have all that open air with nice weather!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote user="stevee"]

Its not the car that i would get personally but different strokes for different folks. Must be nice to have all that open air with nice weather!

[/quote]

the only problem with it stevee is the nice weather at the moment, but when the sun is out you just can,t beat it

·
Registered
607 Posts
think shell be having an a4 cabbie if she plays her cards right lol thers going to be 4 of us soon and kids dont shrink with age (unfortunately) so need a comfortable family car! still she can get a few years experience under her belt yet shes only been passed 1 year and already on her third car[:(]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Very nice Dave. Looks great with the top down.

I must say, I really like the facelift front end. Is it the 140TDi? I know the common rail diesel in much quieter anyway but it's surprising how quiet it is in the cabin. I was pleasantly surprised.

If you do end up removing the wheels, I'd put a bit of copper grease where they sit on the hub. Mine have seized on and it's quite a common problem apparently. It's going for a service soon so they can sort it out!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi dave

i always do use copper slip on the hub, and the studs, i normally remove the wheels 3/4 times a year to clean, and seal them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
wise words Daves!!!! re the copper - slip

when i had my mk5 gti i ended up taking it to Nat Tyres to have them remove my alloys due to them seizing on!!

sorry to change the thread [:$]

back on track - whats the name of the alloys on your cab Dave?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
adey

I have no idea what the alloys are called, 17" thats all i know, i am sure someone will let us know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts