UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - sorry long time -no post [:$]

been thinking of changing the motor but in the presesnt climate thats a no no (was thinking of going back to petrol - test driven a scirocco WOW [:D]) but finances dictate otherwise

so the next best thing - a remap for the Audi!!! can anyone recomend a REPUTABLE garage in the East Midlands to remap my motor??

Thankyou

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mines St3'd and the remap was awesome but the turbo blew :S

Not sure if it was reap related but apart frm that, the customer service and remap itself was awesome.

I have the economy, fast road and race map. race has lots of low end touqe (which i havent used), fast road is smooth and quick and eco is meant to give better economy but not used it yet.

it was all done over the phone so may be worth ringing them :D

And i can put my car to standard when i want to sell :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
yep - chippeduk.

it was done online/over the phone though.

awesome remap though - 30 to 100 is just so effortless.

if your down machester, liv - feel free to jump in for a spin!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers Kaz - oh dear just read up on the ST3 option

i really dont know what to do

1. standard remap - done by the experts but which map?

also heard stories the map is wiped clean when taken to

dealers for servicing etc

2. custom remap - which one to have, also expensive

3. ST3 option - im s---e on the PC

Could you guys offer me any personal advice which option to take??

·
Registered
496 Posts
St3 is easy enough - the instructions are pretty detailed and self explanatory.

i would have a custome remap if i had other mods (exhaust, air filter, hybrid tubo etc.)

My St3 doesnt come up on the vagcom ecu count however, the date when i last remaped it shows so i think it is undectectable but i never use the dealers and with the st3, you can remove it when you take it to the dealers...it may be worth pm'in chipped uk about the date bit.

From reading about - the ST3 provides the best gains from a reputable company - it is smooth and not an aggressive map - its progresive.

i dont really thrash my A3 and just wanted extra boost on motorways and the smoothness is unreal - if you want a ore kick in the teeth remap, get a aggressie map or get the ST3 Race map - i havent used it but there's meant to be a lot of low end tourqe..you get to choose 2 but i got all 3.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No worries mate

If you need more help with the remap, let me know (as its bloody hard on deciding as there's so many about).

But tbh - all reputable companies remaps are all good - all have good reviews and doubt they will dissapoint..

·
Registered
27 Posts
just done mine today , bought the map file direct from a reputable tuning company (im a memebr of a tuning forum ) 150 euros 5mins on laptop and done will do some logs with vagcom and forward them to have the file tweaked

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
let us know how you go

close to making my decision - getting some insurance quotes this week

Norwich Union wont touch me!!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
i used rapid remaps in canock the bloke was very knowledgable (so my dad said he took it for me xmas eve) and its still running sweet as a nut 5 months later no problems and goes like stink not sure what bhp i got now but feels faster and does same speed on same roads as my mates 225 tt lol he does standard off the shelf remaps for around £200 aswell

·
Registered
27 Posts
just been looking at the 170 turbo alot bigger than the 140 one

600 notes from an a3 2008

gonna have to get a hybrid i have a low milage turbo in the garage so could send that in

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
2.0 TDi 140 bhp using -GT1646V

2.0 TDi 170 bhp is using-GTB1749VM

Thats on the golf anyways

·
Registered
27 Posts
the injectors are different a newer piezo design , the 170 also has dpf canister which i hear is a pita.

as for the turbo the 140 uses the gt1749va which was used on the 130 pd range

the 170 uses something completly different , the one i was looking at today is a KKK unit not garrett even bigger than the gt1749b that was used on the golf 150 tdi

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote user="adey"]

Hi all - sorry long time -no post

been thinking of changing the motor but in the presesnt climate thats a no no (was thinking of going back to petrol - test driven a scirocco WOW
) but finances dictate otherwise

so the next best thing - a remap for the Audi!!! can anyone recomend a REPUTABLE garage in the East Midlands to remap my motor??

Thankyou

[/quote]

Hi Adey,

We can offer you a remap for your Audi at a cost of £362,25inc Vat, this also includes a 30% Discount off the RRP, performance figures will be in the region of 175/180 BHP with 275/285 lbs of torque.

We can also offer you a mobile tuning service where we can come to either your place of work or home to whichever suits at a cost of £414.00inc Vat.

If you require anymore information or require a booking please contact us on 01246 455004 or please check our contacts list for your nearest dealer.

http://www.custom-code.co.uk/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=18&Itemid=40

Regards

Nino

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

is it just different turbo then? or is it injectors and inlet too??

[/quote]

Different injectors and id say the same intake. Could be wrong there. I suppose could find out by checking intercooler/ intake part numbers....

Id hybrid the 140...........

1 - 20 of 63 Posts