UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have wanted an Audi A3 for ages and one has come up at auction (where I work so can try it out) but it is on 130K miles! The car inside and out looks like it's done about 20K miles, if that. The interior is still solid as a rock.

How much more life has this car got?

If it has been seviced fully up to now (not sure yet), it should make 200,000 miles?

What should I be looking for? Having owned a MK4 Golf and been a regular member on UMKIV's, I know there are usually some standard problems to look for.

Any help appreciated.

Matty

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi mate, i have 155k miles on my a4 and it still drives like a dream. if its been all motorway miles.....then i wouldnt worry at all. The only thing is if you take it and decide to sell in 2 years time...you could have my kind of mileage.

I dont think the a3's have any other faults apart from the usual TDi problems with VW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I am too bothered about selling it on. As long as I have an A3, I won't want to get rid of it!

I'll check the service history and go from there.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jut got a look at the service history. Its fully stamped and had a new timing belt 1000 miles ago. Assuming a lot of the problems may have already happened to it and have been fixed (was a fleet car) this car shoul be ok for atleat another 70K miles?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Mine was fleet too mate. Was serviced on the button everytime with Audi. There are people with 250,000 miles plus that still going strong. Just with higher mileage we have a higher chance of having big jobs to do

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi pal is it the 2.0TDI if so just get the turbo checked out because mine went at 110,000 and i know of a few others that have gone around this millage, other than that they are very relable and should easly hit 200,000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts