UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just (recently) bought an 06 plate A4 3.0TDi which was advertised as having 201bhp (150KW), only when I've checked the Service book it shows 171KW (233bhp). This is confirmed by the D1D option code.

Did I just manage to get one over on the dealers? Or is this the standard power for the 3.0TDI?

I paid 14,500 for it (62K on the clock) - from an Audi dealer - was this about the right price for the 201 / 233 version?

Any info gratefully received!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi kieran, the 3.0tdi was 201bhp in 2005 and upgraded to 233 in 2006. So it's whether yours is of the 2005 batch or not. Revo remap it to 280! With an extra ummmphh of torque too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve - mine is dated April 2006 (manufactured Feb 2006) so it's definitely a 2006 233bhp model, which is always nice to know [:)]

I'm going for a remap as soon as the New Year comes in, just need to find somewhere Near Derby / Nottingham

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Boss person... [Y] I guess it'll come down to whoever I feel confident in letting loose on my car.

I have bad experiences of when I modded my Cally Turbo [:(]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Superchips mapped my gt tdi 4 years and 70000 miles ago and I've never had an issue. When the dealer wiped the map ( twice ), superchips reloaded foc twice. Can't fault their service !

·
Registered
496 Posts
i had a st3 and wouldnt go back if im honest - i believe they overtune the car hence why many members have blown turbos.

I believe revo are the class leaders but dont have any experiance with superchips

·
Registered
607 Posts
they were very knowledgable so my dad said as i was at work when it was done so he took it have a look on www.rapidremap.co.uk he was a decent price and does custom maps, i had a slightly lighter map than the standard one to keep the clutch ok and make it useable everyday driven![au]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It's always a good idea to suggest what gav did with a smoother lighter map. Mine has a good size torque spike around 2300-2500, which is handy in everyday driving but not the best for the clutch. That's something to be aware of with remaps is that even though it's soooo worth it, that the clutch won't last aslong if uou abuse it. My a4 has 160k miles and has been remapped for the last 60k- original clutch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I pushed my Cally Turbo to the limits of the injectors and inevitably melted the pistons, so thanks to that rebuild I've learnt my lesson about going to extremes

(thanks for the kindly reminder though)

I was intending to have a balance 'tween power / driveabilty / mpg and see what they come up with.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
good idea - far too many "power chasing figures" for the sake of pub discussions.. My car only has 283 lb/ft of torque which is low compared to others who chase the "magical " 300 lb/ft. IMO, its not worth it - my car is a company one and needs to be reliable so the figures I've got suit me perfectly. It has improved the driveability which is the name of the game I think

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've already got the 300 ft/lbs figure [;)] with it being the 3.0, I guess I could go for the 400 mark, but then as you rightly say... driveability is the key, not numbers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get a Custom remap and have it created to you ! ive had two generic remaps and one custom the difference is nothing short of fantastic !you decide when were how and what, If you dont like it have it changed free ! you have nothing to lose you can even have a revo or a cc spec map with added extras ie DSG launch controll [au]

·
Registered
5 Posts
go to motech performance they do the audi dealer remaps and they do them for about £300 it works out at about 285bhp according to the site. he done my old mk4 golf tdi and my new A3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts