UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

What different power options are available from the 2.0TDI engine? Is it just 140 and 170 like the MK5?

Are both available in quattro as well?

Ta
Paul

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
well the 2.0Tdi 140 bhp is only fwd and the 170 is available in quattro. [Y]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It will remap up near 200 bhp!! The B6 1.9tdi did come in a quattro 130bhp that would remap 165-170

·
Registered
83 Posts
170s have the down side of only getting an extra 20bhp or so with a remap, the drink fuel (with a quattro the avg seems to be about 35-39mpg on runs and less in town) and they have a DPF which also drinks fuel when it self cleans.

i looked at the 170s and instead went for a lighter 140 and chipped it to 170, and im so glad I did,

also the 170 can be had in FWD but its not as common.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I find the remap helps fuel economy too. My golf is running 191 BHP and easily beats my audi by 10 mpg, even on a short run. Last Friday, I average 56.9mpg over 446 miles then Saturday 54.6 mpg over 160 miles - both were in the golf ( Saturdays run was more... "spirited" shall we say ?)

·
Registered
83 Posts
is that a proper worked out MPG? or by the cars dash computer? if its the dash knock off 10% [;)]

Im very sad and have a spreadsheet that works it out for me, but it dd prove that the car over read, so I chnaged the readings with vag com... its now only about 2-3% out but it under reads so if the car says 49mpg ive really done 50, which helps make sure i max the fuel econonomy

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="M7R"]

is that a proper worked out MPG? or by the cars dash computer? if its the dash knock off 10%

Im very sad and have a spreadsheet that works it out for me, but it dd prove that the car over read, so I chnaged the readings with vag com... its now only about 2-3% out but it under reads so if the car says 49mpg ive really done 50, which helps make sure i max the fuel econonomy

[/quote]

We should introduce you to Shiuming chap... He has a spreadsheet for everything [:D]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]

Have you heard from him recently Chris ?

[/quote]

Yeah he's fine, he just doesn't do the forum thing much nowadays. We're overdue a game of badminton as it goes [:)]

C

·
Registered
607 Posts
i got the 140 remapped in an a3 and must admit if you give it alot it likes its juice but when i drive properly(it does happen every now and again) 50+mpg every time even seen 70+ once or twice

1 - 20 of 31 Posts