UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 2006 2.0T (220) quattro Special edition remapped by Angel tuning.

Phoned them yestaerday enquiring about prices etc after phoning a few others and was immediattly filled with confidence in the engineer (Paul) so asked him to come to the house today which he did.

He quoted about 260bhp or thereabouts, He arrived at 330pm and was away about 630pm after downloading and uploading maps etc and a good run in the car.

I felt a big difference in the pick up due to the extra torque and it pulls strongly right through the rev range, I did notice a very small flat spot in 5th gear at 5000rpm and spoke to him about it, I'll see if it's still doing it in na couple of weeks, if so he'/ll come back FOC to sort it, if it's a mapping issue.

Might just be the DV or a coil pack thing, need to wait and see.

All I can say is...It's very quuick and smooth bar the tiny flat spot.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep id say those figures are close enough. Would be interested in seeing it on a RR. Driven a few 2.0T with that power and they are a quick machine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote user="stevee"]

Yep id say those figures are close enough. Would be interested in seeing it on a RR. Driven a few 2.0T with that power and they are a quick machine

[/quote]

I had to back off the throttle on a long sweeping bend I normaly take on full throttle, It's at the top of a long hill where the car has pretty much run out of breath but it just wanted to keep going....wasn't risking it as I'm not sure of either the cars limits or my skill yet!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="andy d"]

[quote user="stevee"]

[/quote]

I had to back off the throttle on a long sweeping bend I normaly take on full throttle, It's at the top of a long hill where the car has pretty much run out of breath but it just wanted to keep going....wasn't risking it as I'm not sure of either the cars limits or my skill yet!

[/quote]

Andy i am well impressed with mine also but would still like a bit more,have you any further plans? i am thinking of chucking a couple of grand at mine in the spring even though it wont get me that much but thinking : Turbo back system,Evoms induction kit,evoms DV + some springs and thats about it as if by magic £2k gone.Only thing is if i ever do decide to go for K04 conversion that frt pipe wont fit but i think with most parts now you can sell them at not much of a loss

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="leach76"]

[quote user="andy d"]

[quote user="stevee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Andy i am well impressed with mine also but would still like a bit more,have you any further plans? i am thinking of chucking a couple of grand at mine in the spring even though it wont get me that much but thinking : Turbo back system,Evoms induction kit,evoms DV + some springs and thats about it as if by magic £2k gone.Only thing is if i ever do decide to go for K04 conversion that frt pipe wont fit but i think with most parts now you can sell them at not much of a loss

[/quote]

I wont be spending any more on her other than 4 ultrac sessantas in the next few months and possibly either a forge or newer version of the OEM DV. I hear the DVs seal has a habit of tearing when the power is loaded up.

You're car sounds like it's gonna be scary quick and should sound great!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The uprated oem one is ok but still a bit sluggish and sometimes seems to dump for no reason in reports,the evoms one is only about £170 and supposed to work a lot smoother and seems to in the ones i have been in with it fitted

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
They have uprated the oem ones because of them failing. So they should be ok now

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
True flat shifting 0-60s aren't that good for the car and clutch but a quattro with 250-260 should be 5.5-6 sec car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive seen many good and bad reports about these guys ... are there remaps custom ? Sounds like a good gain on a stabdard vehicle. its always nice to have a good honest review so that other members benifit ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts