UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just wanted to know what kind of sensible mods can i do to a 2006 2.0t fsi a3 to get more power out of it.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along mate.

Stage 1 remap alone will get you 240bhp.

Stage 2 remap with a upgraded fuel pump and intake, exhaust will get you 280+ bhp.

Welcome along to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, would there be anything else i could do to it with the stage one remap to get more power? and just another thing is this the same engine as the s3 and scirocco or are they uprated versions? thanks again

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
they are the same engine but they have different intake and turbos and fuel pump. The turbo on your car is a Ko3s, but the turbo on the S3 is a Ko4, which as an upgrade is quite expensive.

240-250 is well achieveable with a remap. Will get to the higher end if you replace air intake and or exhaust to a free flow exhaust.

Mate of mine has 290bhp after a fuel pump upgrade, Forge twintercooler, and Evoms intake. then a remap and nearly the 300bhp mark.

Ko4 upgrade can see 320-330 bhp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok i see, so for now with a good remap ill be seein 240 which is really good, just wonderin if i did decide later on to swap out the turbo to a ko4 what is the max i would be able to get out of the engine and how much would it cost?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
well the Ko4 option will prob set you back £2000 all in by the time you get the turbo, pump and few other bits. Maybe more if you get a miltek exhaust which is nesisary for stage 2.

I would start with the Evoms (or similar) intake and a remap. that should be 240-250 even. Or get the uprated fuel pump and the twintercooler at the same time and get remap to 290bhp.

Even 250bhp though mate is quick!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool that aint bad maybe one day ill do the new turbo, yeah i think i may just go the pump and twincooler option 290 bhp does sound amazing, thanks for all the help i just have one more question how much time would doin this take off my 0-60 time? sorry for bein a pain.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
hmmmm what are they standard? I think after stage 2 map and the pump and twintercooler it should be high 5 seconds 0-60.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
no prob at all mate to ask Q's. Ive driven my friends Vrs with those mods and map, and wow does it move.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Standard the 0-60 time is 7.1 sec high fives is really decent, well thanks alot anyway helped alot, gonna go for pump and twincooler just need to find a place to get get it all done, thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ah ok cool so do they just remap or do they also sell the other parts like the pumps and coolers? hows the power delivery is it nice and smooth or is it quite hard?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Has it been RR at an independent place to show they can achieve 260? Im sure you would need a few mods to get it that high and a totally standard car on the rollers would prob have more 245-250. I could be wrong...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know its abit off topic but i was lookin at gettin the s3 steering wheel with the flat bottom and the s3 dials just wondering if it will fit. ive found the steering wheel but cant seem to find the dials is there anywhere i can find them?

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi im new here ppick up my sline sport back 2.0t on friday yippeeeee. Where is the uk giac dealer cant seem to find one heard revo is good, and im not getting a crap remap like i did on my polo 1.8t with harsh overboost etc. Im gunna lower the car on coilovers weitec and decat and intake etc, can anyone write out the eml from a decat?? Cheers chris [H]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi chris and welcome along! You can't go wrong with revo. Press forums at top of page and go to the welcome section, then everyone will see you've come and can welcome you and give giac advice!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts