UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I was looking into Decatting my A3 but are there any performance gains.....

I was also planning a straight-through backbox, then a CAI, then a Remap :D...

Is this a good idea?

Cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decated my Golf and that use to sound a lot louder (too loud actually)...

I did get a big increase in power but wanted to know would a diesel work the same...

Thanks for that Ramez...

I found out that it may not fail the MOT too....

I'm thinking one pipe from the manifold to the end....

hmm....

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would be loud I would think in a diesel - Also you would hear the turbo whistle all the time which would get annoying I would think! i also think it sounds naff when u can hear the turbo at idle.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm...I might decat it before i put a mufflerectomy on it and see how that sounds!

Surely, it wont be that loud...will it ?

I dont mind a deep tone but dont want to sound like a 1.0 Nova ! lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
A good idea to do that first.

Wont sound like a Nova 1.0 no way!! But it sounds distinctly deeper and IMO agricultural.

Have you ever youtube'd 'TDI straight pipes'?

·
Registered
27 Posts
did this on a bora tdi sounded like a kettle boiling at idle , on throttle release or gear change it sounded like the wastegate chatter of a fiesta rs turbo pretty annoying when you have the window down

·
Registered
153 Posts
[quote user="Kaz219"]

Hello.

I was looking into Decatting my A3 but are there any performance gains.....

I was also planning a straight-through backbox, then a CAI, then a Remap :D...

Is this a good idea?

Cheers

[/quote]

All i would say is do it,improved throttle responce is the first thing you will notice,quicker spooling times,less lag,also will help with life of the turbo because the system will be bigger bore so less choking with no cat/cannister more free flowing keeping turbo temps down.I had it done on my gttdi 150 golf and it would be the first mod i would do with any diesel rather than people who start with things like air filters or induction kits what have been proved make a 0000.1% improvements at the most(improvised percentage may have been used there),they sound nice to me-not loud just a nice spooling whistle under heavy throttle

·
Registered
607 Posts
i got a deact and resonated cat back miltek on mine after a remap [:S] never planned the exhaust just spotted the group buy couple of months back lol and must say it is like driving a v6 rather than a tdi now it revs through so smoothly but strong as hell.... id recommend it to anyone it makes so much difference to the car it is unbelievable not really loud though as mines still got a silencer in the system but it definately gets louder when the turbo comes in!!! love it

·
Registered
607 Posts
oh and that vid of the seat is under a bridge to make it louder so not really a good sound a like video my camera doesnt record sound very well but next time im out somewhere ill get the mrs to do a drive by see if i can get a good video

1 - 15 of 15 Posts