UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to get my car ordered so I headed off to the dealer, getting there as they opened.

Walked up to the showroom and could hear a lot of chatting going on. Walked in, one nice lady walked over (the sales staff still chatting away between themselves rather than attend to a customer) and asked if she could help.

I asked if Peter was in as I'd previously had dealings with him and he was really helpful. "I think it's his day off. Just a moment," she says. She turns and asks the "sales" staff whether Peter's in today. A few grunts and shrugs come from the huddle of sales people - (oops, we interrupted their discussions of last night's antics and whether someone knew some girl from Newport). So we took that to mean that it was Peter's day off (fair enough, he's entitled to a day off - in fact, if those are the people he's having to work with, he probably deserves it).

So, back to the nice lady. "I'd like to test drive an A3 TDI 140 or 170".

"We haven't got one here" she says. "Our demo cars are being used by the service department."

Who on earth has a car serviced on a Sunday? Service isn't even open! I can only assume that it's cars on long term repairs...not a good sign. Anyway......

"Are they the new models?" I ask.

"No but you can still take them out"

"That's no good - they're different engines to the facelift that I'm interested in."

"Oh, of course, but we haven't got any facelift TDI models - we sold the 1.9 recently," she replies.

"When are you getting a new TDI as a demo?" I ask.

"Probably 1 or 2 months wait" she says."I'll get Peter to call you to discuss things"

WTF????? 1 or 2 months????????? Then 12 weeks waiting for it to be built? I don't think so. [:(]

Don't get me wrong, the lady really was very pleasant but come on, who in their right mind is going to wait that long for a test drive and then wait for their car to be built!?

I'd gone to Audi with the intention of placing an order on a £23k car if the right deal could be done. I don't think it's too much to expect a little courtesy from the sales (prevention) staff. I'm seriously re-considering Audi for my next car at the moment. I think a letter to Jeremy Hicks is in order.....I'm so disappointed in the service of Audi dealerships. If this is how they treat customers before they've parted with any cash, what's it like once they've taken your hard earned?? [:cool:]

Not good Audi. Not good at all. [N]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shrewsbury. I'm becoming disillusioned with Audi dealers.

I'm in Brum this week but won't have time to get in to Solihull. Will give them a ring instead but it doesn't help with the test drive.

Are you planning to remap yours Sem?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Shrewsbury - part of the same group that owns Wolves and pretty much the same attitude I expect from those lot.

Not really interested in a remap for a while as I just want to enjoy the car as it is, there's nothing available yet from the 'reputable' companies for the CR engine yet anyway. Think i'll wait for the MK6 owners to get theirs done first so they can give us some feedback [:D]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't decide whether 1.5 seconds quicker 0-60 is worth the extra £1k. I don't think it is but I keep getting tempted though. [:D]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sound's like a typical sales c**k to me Dave. I hate them, seriously I could rant on all day about them! I know exactly what you mean about the courtesy etc. I bet if you raise your point with Audi customer services, followed by a bit of name and shame things would be different.

I don't often go to dealers for this reason. Why is it always Audi? I know a few people who often buy from VW and dabble with Skoda and they have nothing but good to say.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sound's like a typical sales c**k to me Dave. I hate them, seriously I could rant on all day about them! I know exactly what you mean about the courtesy etc. I bet if you raise your point with Audi customer services, followed by a bit of name and shame things would be different.

I don't often go to dealers for this reason. Why is it always Audi? I know a few people who often buy from VW and dabble with Skoda and they have nothing but good to say.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know why they all seem to be like it, Steve - there's got to be some good ones out there....surely??? [:D] Mind you, I have to be honest, my local VW dealers are no better. BMW, on the other hand, were very good.

I was looking forward to the test drive and getting it ordered so came home a bit gutted really.

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="SteveyD"]

Why is it always Audi? I know a few people who often buy from VW and dabble with Skoda and they have nothing but good to say.

[/quote]

Amen chap, amen - I'm one of the latter, and I'm hating Audi too [:)] I've given up with them completely, although the damn thing needs to go back again.

C

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="CkB"]

Amen chap, amen - I'm one of the latter, and I'm hating Audi too
I've given up with them completely, although the damn thing needs to go back again.

C[/quote]

Problems Chris?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, we're now on Tuesday and still no call from Audi Shrewsbury. Pish poor service. [:(]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yup, passenger seat belt's got a fault where it locks up, and the passenger seat won't tilt forward *AGAIN*.

Shame, it's a corker otherwise [;)]

C

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aye, someone else on another forum is raving about Bridgend Audi. He'd taken his car to Cardiff and they said new clutch and new tyres to sort his problem out. Turns out that his tyres are 6 weeks old and Bridgend say there's nothing wrong with the clutch.

So yes, it sounds like Bridgend are a decent dealer to be near.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make sure you avoid Stratford Audi as well. Two people who have been in the position to place an order subject to test drive and discount negotiations have been told to go elsewhere.

OK so they had both shopped around but wanted to buy local.

Two Fingers to Stratford Audi (in fact Listers Group!!!!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts